Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The last of our pasture . . .

This time of year is always hard to see . . . .   The past few mornings have been in the mid-20s hear southwest Michigan, and I know it's only a matter of time before the last of the pasture dies off from the overnight frosts.

Because of the draught, and then the heavy rains in September our pastures came back heavy for the fall.  This year will be one of the firsts where more horses probably won't have it grazed down before I pull them off of the field in a couple of weeks . .

It's hard to see the grass get wasted - when hay is still so high.  I'm trying to tell myself it's better then seeing my pastures overgrazed when winter sets in; and I know it is, so I'm hoping for really good pastures next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment