Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Looking Forward To Winter

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to winter.  Yesterday, on one of the hottest days we've had this summer (90 degrees and humidity to match), I told my partner, Dennis, he would not hear me complain about winter at all this year.  "Really?" he responded.  "Nope." I said.  But then I edited my statement saying, "Unless it gets so bad that I can't ride."  He smiled.  He knows me pretty well.  If I can't ride, I'm not a happy camper. 

However, this summer it was  exhausting to try to get everyone worked before it was 90 degrees out.  So, as I said, I'm looking forward to winter.  I think the horses are, too.  When they would rather eat hay in their stalls then graze on this beautiful re-growth after the drought, I know they're ready for some cooler temperatures, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment