Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Is Oficially Less Then Two Weeks Away!

As much as I'm anxious for spring after having 8 weeks of heavy snow, ice, and hard (frozen) ground, I'm not sure what it holds for me . . .

We've been struggling or the past 10 days with my show mare, Bees, and her sore feet.  Initially we thought it was brought on by the hard frozen ground and put shoes back on with snow pads. Our vet initially ruled out founder and only detected a slight sensitivity in one hoof.

Don't know.  The past few days have been tough.  It's hard to see her so unstable when she gets up . . . .I'm having the vet out again today for another exam.

I've never really seen anything like this in my 40 years of horse ownership.  Still not sure there might have been a stroke/seizure involved . . . although my vet says no.

Please keep  us in your thoughts . . . .God Bless to all, and I hope spring comes soon or everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment